The Race is ON!
14 July 2019
Holt JCB are very excited to again be entering the Portishead Soapbox Race on Sunday 14th July to help raise money for the St Peter’s Hospice Bristol.
Our team the ‘The Lightning Holts’ have been working hard at transforming our cart entry for the event and very much look forward to seeing how it copes with the series of obstacles along the 400metre course down Esplanade Road, BS20 7HD.
The event is FREE to watch and is open from 10am -5pm, here is what to expect at the Portishead Soapbox Race:
- SoapBox Racing - The 400m downhill action packed course will have kickers, chicanes and ramps and more!
- Open Pit Area - See all the soapbox cars up close whilst the teams tinker away to make them as amazing as possible before they take to the course
- Sponsor Event Village - The chance to meet local businesses and charities that have helped support the soapbox race as well as get some refreshments.
- Funfair - Children’s funfair to keep the little ones entertained between the action on the course.
- Loads of places to see the course action - Stand at the roadside or sit on the grassy banks, there are great viewpoints all along the course. And don’t worry if you can’t see everything, the big screen will show you what’s happening.
- Live Big Screens - Watch all the course action on and see replays of crashes and tumbles. For more info visit www.portisheadsoapbox.co.uk
If you would like to support us with our efforts and make a donation to St Peter’s Hospice please visit our just giving page > DONATE HERE
« Return to previous page
Practice runs will commence at 10.30. Timed runs will start 12.30 with the medal ceremony taking place at 16.30. All timings are approximate. We look forward to seeing you there!